Exercise daily – Pregnancy Workouts are very helpful for expecting moms. They are designed to help women stay fit and healthy during pregnancy.
This article will discuss what workouts can you do while pregnant. And the best exercises that you can do every trimester. If you want to know, let’s dive in.
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy:
Regular exercises can help you to keep your backaches away from you. It also makes you feel best and healthy. During pregnancy, most women are at risk of gestational diabetes. So by regular exercise, your risk of developing gestational diabetes will be reduced. Following are the benefits that you can get by exercising during pregnancy:
- Reduce the risk of stillbirth.
- Reduce the risk of birth of a premature baby.
- Gives you strength and energy.
- Get ready your body for delivery.
- It helps you recover postpartum.
What workout can you do while pregnant:
Most of the exercises are safe to do during pregnancy as long as you don’t overdo them. Most exercises that are safe include:
- Walking or jogging
- Stationary Cycling. Outdoor cycling has a risk of falling so we prefer stationary cycling.
- Modified Yoga or Pilates.
These exercises will not harm you or your baby. You must take care that you should not overdo it.
What workouts you should avoid during pregnancy:
It would help if you avoided multiple exercises during pregnancy because they can cause trauma or miscarriage. These exercises include:
- Those exercises require excessive jumping.
- Activities in which you can easily fall like horse riding or sky diving etc.
- Minor abdominal trauma due to some activities is not safe.
- Excessive stretching.
- Avoid those exercises or yoga in which you have to lay down straight at your back for longer. This can cause discomfort.
How much you should exercise during pregnancy:
Pregnancy Cardio works out your entire body, including your heart. It’s also great for maintaining weight during pregnancy and provides an alternative to a gym. To do these exercises you must consult your doctor first.
A pregnancy workout is a demanding physical training program to enhance fitness and provide better health and body condition for expecting mothers. Every pregnant woman should exercise for 150 minutes of low-impact aerobics every week. It can help you to stay fit and healthy. This is enough time in which your heartbeat will rise.
You can also divide 150 minutes into 30 min per day for five days. If you are new to this exercise, you should start slowly and gradually increase your time.
Pregnancy Products that EDM recommended:
Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair:
It is an exercise stability yoga ball for home and office desks. It is very easy to use.
- This helps to boost energy levels.
- It is affordable.
- It is easy to use.
Marcy Cardio Mini Cycle:
It is a portable cardio machine with different resistance.
- It is an all-in-one cardio machine. No need to switch between different machines.
- It is perfect for pregnant ladies.
- You can put this machine in every place.
It is a little bit expensive.
Pro Body Pilates Ball Exercise Ball Yoga Ball:
It is a stable ball chair of multiple sizes. It is best for pregnancy, fitness, or balance.
- It is very easy to use.
- Very effective during pregnancy.
- It is affordable.
Top Pregnancy Workouts Tips To Help You Get Fit While You Are Pregnant:
- Get a good foundation in the gym, and then add some variety to your routine, so you don’t get bored.
- Don’t forget to stretch! Stretching can help you avoid injury and prevent unwanted aches and pains.
- The best way to stay fit while pregnant is to use a combination of yoga, Pilates, and cardio exercises to help you burn fat and build muscle for your post-pregnancy body.
- Don’t forget about your core; it’s important for women expecting their first baby because it will help them stay balanced during their pregnancy.
- Get up early. Getting a good night’s sleep after a full day’s work is important because it helps decrease the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease during pregnancy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Many women are unaware of what exercises they should do in the first trimester. They do not know if they should be doing yoga, running, walking, or swimming. This article guides how to choose the right fitness routine for you.
Women need to stay active during their first trimester of pregnancy to give birth safely and healthily without any health problems or complications. During the first trimester, women feel very excited and confused also. She feels excited because she is going to be a mom very soon. She should exercise for 150 min every week.
Following are the exercises that you should do in your first trimester:
Walking and jogging:
Walking is the best way to get some exercise during pregnancy. It can be done at a leisurely pace and at home. Many benefits of walking that can help you deliver a healthy baby.
Pregnant women should walk on a flat surface to avoid any injury. She should wear comfortable shoes. Walking and jogging are the most common and easy, low-impact exercises. It helps you to stay active during your pregnancy. During the first trimester, you can also walk for 30 minutes per day for a week.
Swimming is also a low-impact aerobic exercise that can keep you fit and healthy. And there is no chance of falling in this exercise. It is best during the first trimester.
If a person is a beginner, they should do a swimming session of 30 minutes for 2-3 days per week.
Squats are the best exercise you can do during the first trimester of pregnancy. You can do bodyweight squats throughout your whole pregnancy. But don’t overdo it. This exercise will help you to train your muscles for delivery time.
Following are the steps for squats at home:
- First, you have to stand in front of the sofa or chair.
- Then bend your knees until your thighs start to touch the sofa.
- Stand up again and repeat this motion 4-5 times.
Yoga is the best exercise in which you will feel relaxed. In yoga, you can stretch your body in certain positions to get rid of your backaches.
You should talk to your doctor first to find out which positions are not allowed during pregnancy, like laying down straight on your back for longer.
Normal cycling on dangerous roads is risky for pregnant women because of the risk of injury or falling. Outdoor cycling on flat surfaces is also a bit risky because of the risk of injury.
So safe option for pregnant ladies is stationary bikes. They can use a stationary bike for 10- 30 minutes daily during the first trimester or early pregnancy.
If you are used to doing these exercises before pregnancy, you can continue using this exercise during early pregnancy.
- You should opt for low-intensity exercises that slightly increase your heart rate.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Stay physically active.
- Wear a supportive bra.
- If you feel dizziness, nausea, or any symptom, you should stop doing exercise.
- Stay cool.
- Don’t overdo the exercises.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Avoid high-intensity activities that require a lot of jumping.
- Don’t do exercise that increases your heart rate too much.
What Workout Can You Do While Pregnant? FAQs:
How Can I Work Out While I’m Pregnant?
There are many ways to work out while you’re pregnant. You can take a break from your job or find an online class that teaches you how to do it. One of the best ways to work out is through exercise. It will help you burn calories and strengthen your muscles. Several different types of exercise can help with this.
2. Are there any risks to myself or the baby if I exercise?
Exercise gives you strength and energy during pregnancy. It provides benefits to you and your baby. But if you will choose a high-intensity activity, it can cause miscarriage or other problems.
3. Can you do horse riding while you’re pregnant?
No, you can’t ride a horse while pregnant because there is a high risk of falling, which can result in miscarriage. So, you should avoid horse riding during pregnancy.
4. Can pregnant lady climb stairs?
Yes, as long as there are no complications in pregnancy, you can climb stairs easily. But if you have some difficulties, you should avoid them.
5. What Workout Can You Do While Pregnant?
You can do only low-intensity or moderate-intensity aerobic workouts. Like swimming, walking, yoga, or squats.
Daily low-intensity exercise can give benefit you and your baby as well. Exercise will do wonders for your mental health and body health.
In this article, we discuss What Workout Can You Do While Pregnant? Swimming, walking, yoga, and squats are the best suitable exercises for pregnant women.
If you have any queries regarding this topic, you can ask us in the comment section below.